Saturday, November 17, 2012

First Grade Thanksgiving Feast

On Friday Tyler had his Thanksgiving feast with his first grade class.  The night before Tyler told me, "Guess what!  We can dress up like a pilgrim or an Indian tomorrow.  I want to dress up."  Ugh.  We do not have a pilgrim or Indian costume, so after the kids went to bed, I went to work.  Here is what I came up with in one night:

I cut out a white collar out of a piece of fabric I had on hand and pinned it on Tyler's black outfit.  I also had a old brown shirt with stains I was going to throw away, so I cut fringes on the sleeves and on the bottom and it became an indian dress for Rachel.  I was pretty proad of my last minute costume creations. 

Tyler's class had thanksgiving songs they sang for us and then we had our feast.  There was tons of food for everyone. 

No comments: