Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Oklahoma Shirt

Nov 7, 2012
It is the morning after the election.  I watch as my husband goes outside and takes down our American flag that hung proudly outside our house.  We are hurt.  We believe in America, but we are not happy with her decision. It may take a while before we are ready to proudly let our flag wave. As for today it will sit in our garage. 

Yesterday's election decision looms over this day, the day of my birth. I put on a shirt I received for my birthday: an Oklahoma shirt. It seems fitting. It is the state I spend most of my childhood.  And it is red.  I identify with this red shirt more than I do with the blue that shaded in Colorado yesterday, especially since blue has become so extremely liberal.

I really hoped Romney would win the election...I really felt that with his business background  and ability to work with both parties, maybe America can get back on track before her wounds hemorrhage beyond control. 

But I was met with disappointment.  Somehow Obama was re elected. I just hope and pray that Obama was fairly elected, that his supporters didn't do anything deceitfully or unlawfully to secure the election. I guess we have 4 more years to get through.

Buckle up.  This may be a bumpy ride. 

It is the path America chose.  The path of unbugeted spending, the path of floundering foreign policy, the path to continue high unemployment, the path of hand outs and gimmes payed for by you and me, the path that takes us further from the Liberties given to us in the Constitution of the United States of America.

So for now my American flag is stored in the garage awaiting a day when it can proudly wave.  But for now, I will proudly wear my red Oklahoma shirt because I am proud to be an Oklahoma girl.

No comments: