This past trip to the library we lucked out and found some books the kids really like.
I've read Bye-Bye, Big Bad Bullybug by Ed Emberley almost everynight for the past week. Rachel took a liking to Monkey and Me by Emily Gravett (the words have a fun little rythym to them). Tyler loves reading Crab Cab...which is the first book that I have read with him that he can read cover to cover by himself. Most of the words rhyme, so that makes it easy.
Any good kids books you recommend?

2 comments:
Oh, yes! My first graders and I LOVE the Piggy and Gerald books by Mo Willems. They are hilarious! And pretty easy to read. Also the Pigeon books (same author) are really fun too.
One of my favorites to read to my kids every year is Enemy Pie. It's such a cute/funny story about how to get rid of enemies. If you go to www.storylineonline.net you listen to it for free as well as some other great books.
I could go on and on...I love children's books. But those are my fav's :)
Tommy is 4 1/2 and really likes the three Knuffle Bunny books by Mo Willams. We also like Little Pea by Amy rosenthal, Crafty Chole by Kelly DiPucchio, Dad's Dinosaur Day by Diane Hearn, Flabby Cat and Slobby Dog by Jeanne Willis, Who is Driving? By Leo Timmers, and How Will We Get to the Beach? by Brigitte Luciani. By the way, your basement looks great!
Post a Comment