Friday, March 16, 2012

The basement: week 3

This week the basement walls were textured and the baseboards, shelves, and doors were all hung. 

One thing that has been reiterated by doing the basement is that I hate making decisions!  And whenever I make a decision I fret that I made the wrong one and will have to live with it.  Picking out carpet was completely overwhelming... I'm glad that's been ordered for a while now.  This week we finally picked out floors for the bathroom...I had bought groutable vinyl tile was was really happy with it and wanted to grout it to give it a nice look. I'm not a fan of fake grout and seeing seems when vinyl tile connects together.

I was really happy with it, but then our contractor raised a few concerns with our decision.  So Jeff and I decided to do something different.  I went and returned the vinyl tiles, grout, and supplies and ended up purchasing something totally different:


Vinyl planks that look like wood.  The wood look is not too common in bathrooms, but I think it will look good, right???
I think I will feel better about my decisions after I see the finished product in place.....and hopefully I like what I see.

1 comment:

Marc Dunbabin said...

We have vinyl that looks like wood in our bathroom and I actually really like it. I'm sure it will look great.