Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer Fun

Here are some random pictures that have captured the rest of our summer fun.

Hiking in the mountains at Helen Hunt Falls
Riding the steam train in Cripple Creek


Meeting with friends at the park. Nicole (visiting from DC), Angie, and I

Back: Cassidy, Tyler, Jocelynn, Rachel
Front: Madi and Rachel

Rachel wading in the water in front of the fountain at America the Beautiful Park

Meeting again with friends at the park: Nickell (visiting from Utah), me, and Angie

Caleb, Tyler D., Cassidy, Rachel, Nickell's niece, Tyler J.


We had fun participating in the library reading program this year.  At the end of the summer they had a party in the field behind the library.  We had never gone before and I was impressed with the amount of booths and things to do.  Here were the highlights:

Tyler and Rachel got their hair colored.  The pink lingered in Rachel's hair even after I had washed it twice.

Tyler holding a tarrantella

Rachel and Tyler both had fun playing in the bubbles

Tyler driving the armored car
Tyler petting the corn snake.


It has been a great summer, and boy did it fly by fast.  Tyler is enjoying school and his kindergarten class.  But I am already looking forward to next summer's fun filled days.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Love the kids hair!! The tarantula made me squirm just looking at the picture....don't you love how kids don't care. Kayla picks up the spiders we find at the house like its nothing.