Look at my baby!
It was a bittersweet milestone to pass through. I love that she's learning new things, but somehow standing doesn't coincide with my thought of her as my BABY. Standing just isn't baby-like. She needs to stay little and let me cuddle and hold her forever.
I love how Rachel squishes up her little nose and blows in and out really fast. She did that repeatedly at playgroup one day and she was labled an "intense baby".

I love this intense little girl. I don't know what we'd do without her.
The other day Rachel pulled a hair bow out of her hair the other day when I was not watching, and of coarse it went in her mouth, but then she started choking on it. Luckily Tyler noticed and called out to me and I was fortunately able to get the bow out after a couple back pats and a chest thrusts. Incidences like that make me hug and hold her that much tighter.

(When I got to Rachel I could hear her gagging and so she may have been able to get the barrette out herself without the back pats and chest thrusts, but I wanted that thing out!).
Now that I think about it, Rachel really has had a rough month:
- A couple weeks ago she had a fever, a rash, and threw up for the first time. It's no fun when she's sick.
- Rachel's top two teeth are also plowing through. We can see bits of white starting to peek out. This poor little baby has been gnawing on her fingers quite frequently.
- Rachel's cheek also broke out in hives one morning after breakfast. She didn't eat anything new for breakfast, but I was making brownies from scratch and after I had finished wiping her face I notice a little bit of brownie batter on my hand. I didn't think much of it, because I didn't think she had gotten any of it, but I guess she did. This is her first exposure to eating a form of egg herself. I've wondered how she would react when she ate it. I guess now we have a clue.
To end on a good note, Rachel's most recent accomplishment is learning how to clap. Here's a little video.

4 comments:
Go Rachel! Wow, she can clap and stand up - that is really good. She is a cutie!
Oh, Rachel has the CUTEST headbands and clothes! She is adorable! I can't believe she can stand up already--she's getting so big!!
I love the video! Can't wait to see you all in a month!
I love her squishy face, that is hilarious!
Post a Comment