Saturday, July 3, 2010

Update

Yes, it has been weeks without a post. So.... here is our update:

Jeff has been busy applying for a bigger, better job. Just the application process took days to complete. The application is almost done, one last step....but now Jeff's having cold feet...is it time for our family to move on? Is this the company he wants to work for the the rest of his career? Do we want to move to one of the locations that would be offered? Will the company do well? So many questions causing so much STRESS! Where's a crystal ball when you need one? There are 10,000 applications submitted and only 100 people to be hired. Not very good odds. Jeff pointed out that probably not all the applicants are qualified for the job. We'll see what happens...

Jamie started a job with a pediatric home health company. It is SO much more relaxed than the hospital scene. I only work when Jeff is home and I usually visit the same little boy. He has a tracheostomy and a home ventilator. I enjoy taking him swimming in his backyard, playing games with him, and providing nursing care. Like I said, SO much more relaxed than the hospital. I NEVER had time to sit and play with the child I was taking care of in the hospital. It's a nice change and perfect hours and flexibility.

Tyler has enjoyed doing projects. Tyler is "Bob the builder" and I am "Wendy" his helper.

We made an obstacle coarse in the basement. We even made medals for those who completed the obstacle coarse.





We also took Tyler to Lowe's build and grow program and he built a monster truck. He even got an apron and goggles to wear and bring home. It was cute watching him with his little hammer driving the nails into the wood. We hope to do it again sometime.









Rachel is a joy! She went to her 9 month check up and got her stats. Rachel weighs 18.6 pounds, which is the 40th percentile. She is 29.5 inches, which is in the 94th percentile. She is as tall as an average 14 month old! She is tall and thin, just like her daddy!

Here is a video of Rachel playing peek-a-boo with me. What a cutie!

We've been enjoying the summer weather immensely, but I'll try to take a break now and again to keep this blog updated with the happenings of the crew. :)

1 comment:

Michal Thompson said...

wow, sounds like a lot of good changes though. Yes, the best part really is getting to make an emotional connection with your patients!