Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rach is 9 months


Our baby girl is growing. We love this little sweetheart. The most noticeable difference is her 2 little front teeth. We love to try to get her to smile or get her in one of her giggling fits. Tyler is the best at making her laugh hysterically.


It's becoming challenging trying to figure out what to do with a little girl that can move. She's crawling everywhere. She still does the army crawl on her forearms with her belly on the ground, but she can get places quick. She loves to explore and one of the first places we found her was wedged between the couch and the wall.


The floor plan of our house is terrible for fearless babies! From our living room you can take 3 stairs down to our office and front door, or a different 3 steps down to our kitchen, or a flight of stairs up to the bedrooms. I need a baby who is afraid of stairs and won't try to go up or down them. Rachel tried once to go down the 3 steps to the kitchen. Luckily Tyler kind of held her back so she didn't fall down them. There is no baby gait that can block off the openings, so now our living room is a makeshift playpen. We take the cushions from the couch to block the opening leading to the 3 sets of stairs. I get tired of a constantly messy living room, but at least I know my baby is safe if I set her in the living room to play and cook/clean up the kitchen.

2 comments:

Jackie Abeyta said...

I have such an adorable niece :) She has the most BEAUTIFUL blue eyes!!! I can't believe how quickly she is growing up!!

Weideman said...

The bright side of having the sets of 3 stairs is when she is learning to go on them, she only falls down three instead of the whole flight!