Thursday, August 20, 2009

Books, books, and more books

Several people have asked which children's books we have found we like. I wish I had a longer list to give out. Tyler, being a boy, automatically likes the books with trains, sports, airplanes, etc. But here ar some of his favorite over the past couple years:

Freight Train by Donald Crew
Hit the Ball Duck by Jez Alborough (He also wrote Duck in the Truck, which Tyler likes)
20 Hungry piggies by Truddy Harris (This book has hidden numbers you can find. Tyler doesn't know what each number looks like, so I didn't do that with him. Some are hard to find, so I enjoyed reading this book over and over so I could find the hidden numbers on each page. I also noticed it was written by a BYU graduate :)
Dora the Explorer books. Tyler has never seen an episode of Dora and doesn't really know who she is, but we've checked out 2 of her books and he loved both of them.
Bubble bath pirates by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
Benny and Beautiful Baby Delilah by Jean Van Leeuwen, which is a good book for us since we are gearing up to bring a new baby into our home soon.

I don't have a girl, so I didn't check this one out, but I think Alice the Fairy by David Shannon is a cute, girlie book.


Also, as a kid I remember liking:
The Monster at the End of this Book by Jon Stone
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault

Hope this helps! And I'd love any comments of your children's favorite books!

No comments: