So this Sunday I had quite an experience. It was a beautiful day, so I took Tyler into the backyard to play. As I shut the sliding glass door to our house, I heard a "click" and I realized the lock had clicked into place. I couldn't get back in. So can you dream up a worst case scenario of being locked out of your house???
Well, here is mine: So I'm locked out of the house without a key. Our gates to get to the front yard are locked (the keys to those are inside too). So to get to the front yard: jump the fence. Yeah, sounds great....remember it is Sunday and hum...I still have my dress on. So I get on our retaining wall, place Tyler's play slide on the retaining wall, climb on top of the slide, hike up my skirt, and jump over the fence. Tyler is with me so I have him also climb on the slide while I reached over to retrieve him. So where is Jeff in all of this???? Well, he just started a trip and won't be back for three days. I keep trying to think if there could have been a worse case scenario worse than mine.
I first thought what if I accidentally locked Tyler in the house and I was outside and couldn't get to him? But then I remembered that he knows how to unlock the door and could have let me back in.
So my wonderful neighbors let me borrow a phonebook and the locksmith was at my door within minutes. I don't know if anyone else has locked themselves out of their car or house before. I've done each it several times now, you think I'd learn. But the locksmith literally took 5 seconds to unlock both locks to my door. I thought that was pretty crazy how fast he could pick those things. Makes me nervous, if the wrong person knew what they knew and had the right tools.... it literally only took 5 seconds.

2 comments:
I have done this too! I locked myself outside when taking the trash out in Boston, I had to have Dylan (at 2) get a stool go out our door to the lobby door and open it for me. I am glad you got out, even if you had to jump the fence in a skirt.
Yikes that would be scary. I'm glad you were able to get back in though. And you can now say you've jumped a fence in a skirt!
Post a Comment