So I was in the car with the scriptures while Jeff and Tyler were picking up an item in the grocery store. I thought I'd share a thought...
St John 6:26-27
Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I way unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye desire to keep my sayings, neither because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you...
I began to reflect about what I was laboring for. Am I laboring for the things that perish, or for the things that are everlastingly important? I know sometimes I get caught up in the daily stuff that I forget to remember the everlasting stuff. How important it is that we make the everlasting stuff a part of our daily labors...and I do mean part of our LABORS. Are we laboring as we read the scriptures? Are we laboring as we pray? And are we laboring to strengthen our testimonies? Are we laboring as we seek Jesus?

2 comments:
I love this insight! Are we doing all the good things with our whole heart. SOmetimes I feel like I just go through the motions, it can be hard while being such a busy mom! Thanks!
Very good thought. I appreciate you sharing. Good to hear ya'll are doing well!
Post a Comment