Hello dear little blog. I checked out over 3 months ago and don't know if I'll ever be able to recap all the happenings in the last 3 months. Maybe one day I can do some catch up. But for now....I will blog about the present.
For Halloween Uncle Marc, Aunt Ashleigh, and Alyssa were able to drive down for a visit. We love that they are only an hour away! I bought some Halloween paraphernalia on super clearance at Target last year. It came in handy to be able to throw together Halloween decor last minute for our dinner. I was going to get a picture of everyone at dinner but I forgot. The funny thing was I was afraid I would forget to get a picture at dinner so I took a picture beforehand. (FYI those are bats hanging from the chandelier that the kids made.)
We told the kids that we were recycling costume this year and to pick one out of the Halloween costume box. Tyler decided to be a vampire and Rachel was a witch. I remember dressing up as a witch many times as a kid. That was one of my favorite things to be. (Which was why I couldn't resist buying the witch hat on super clearance at Target last year...so technically Rachel got a new costume.) Matthew received a cute dinosaur costume for his birthday last month. He and Alyssa were twin Dinosaurs.
I love their Dinosaur feet! The funniest thing though was to see Matthew walk around in his costume. He still walks with his feet out wide so he really did look like a dinosaur stomping around.
The weather was decent so we were able to walk down our street without complaint. But everyone had cold hands at the end! We debated whether to drive to another neighborhood since the houses in our neighborhood are spread out and several houses are vacant or have not been built yet. However, we had a couple requests from neighbors to visit their houses, so we stayed in our neighborhood to beg for candy. Besides us there were only two other sets of kids roaming our neighborhood. Needless to say when we were greeted at the door people were generous. We even scored full size candy bars at one house and packages of oreos at another! The last house we knocked on for the night was at the end of the street by themselves and they said we were their only trick or treaters. The kids were all happy with their candy and Alyssa and Matthew received enough to share with their parents. It was a happy Halloween for all!




No comments:
Post a Comment