Tyler started his first day of school on August 1.
He was excited to start first grade.
Since kindergarten was only half day, this is his first time doing full day school. After I picked him up I asked how his first day of school went. His response? "Not very good." I asked why not and he responded "It was too long. It felt like 700 hours!"
First grade is going to be an adjustment. Every morning Tyler complains that his stomach hurts and asks if he can stay home from school for just one day. Tyler LOVED kindergarten, so I am surprised that he is having difficulties adjusting. Hopefully once we get into the swing of things the days won't seem quite so long and he'll enjoy it more.
Most people wonder if their child will be ready for kindergarten. Being ready for kindergarten was no problem, but being ready for first grade has been the challenge.

No comments:
Post a Comment