Monday, December 19, 2011

Speech Therapy

At Rachel's 2 year check up her pediatrician referred us to have her speech evaluated since she seemed behind.  The process took a few months, but Rachel was evaluated by childfind through the local school district.  To qualify for speech therapy through the school district there needs to be at least at 25% delay.  Her speech delay was right on that 25% mark, so they took her in the program to try to catch her up.  It's all free through the school district, so we thought, why not? might as well.
The speech therapist came to our house last week for her fist visit. She gave us a few homework assignments to work on with her.  We have noticed that Rachel has improved a lot in the last month or two, so hopefully after a month or two of speech therapy she'll catch right up.
I remember with Tyler I was so excited for him to talk and then afterwards wish he would stop....I'm sure it may be they same with Rachel.

No comments: