Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fall Break- Williamsburg

After a weekend at Nicole's, Angie and I went our separate ways: Her to visit her family in the area and me to visit mine.  Jeff, Sara, the kids, and I drove 3 hours to Williamsburg to meet up with my parents.  We were able to relax at the resort a bit.  My parents brought their old Nintendo 64 with them and Tyler was in heaven.  He wanted to play Mario Party every minute of the day.  The rest of us got tired of it pretty fast.  Sara was such a nice aunt and played Mario Party with him a majority of the time.

One day we were able to visit Jamestown.  We had fun exploring the replica of the first colony here in America.  We explored the ships the people would have sailed on. I was surprised at how small they were! I'd hate to be stuck on a small boat like that for months while crossing the ocean.








We also explored the replicas of the Indian villages of the time.



Grinding corn into cornmeal

We also explored the replica of the Jamestown fort. The first house we were in had a broom and Tyler picked it up and started to get to work sweeping...those floors were "dirty"!



 Grandpa and Tyler giving us a sermon at the church house.

Trying on the armor

Fall break for my sisters Jessica and Kristina began so they flew out to Virginia.  We were able to spend a couple days at Colonial Williamsburg.  Tyler loved the Blacksmith shop and watching him make nails.  That was the one place that he did not want to leave.  It was interesting touring the different homes and shops.  The kids did really well j




Tyler helping out with the wagon

Last of all we went to Busch Gardens.  The little kids and big kids all had fun going on the rides.


 Busch Gardens was decorated for Halloween since it was October.
Busch Gardens was the last adventure of our trip and the next day we spent traveling home.  I felt like we did so much during our fall break that I needed a vacation after our vacation.  :)

1 comment:

Michal Thompson said...

This looks like perfect fall break trip. You were only a few hours from me!