Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rachel is 18 months

This little girl is 18 months old.

Stats:
Height: 34 inches (she grew 2 inches in the last 3 months!)
Weight: 22 lbs 9.6 oz (she gained 9.6 oz in the last 3 months)


Little tidbits
  • She points to the bath and says "bath" then points to the toilet and says "bath".  Luckily she has not tried to get in the toilet for her bath yet.
  • When Rachel goes to bed we often settle down on the rocking chair with her FAVORITE book: her baby book.  She loves turning the pages and pointing to the pictures of her as a baby.
  • Rachel is super picky...I was not surprised that she did not gain much weight.
  • Rachel is already a pro at going to nursery since I have brought her to nursery with me the past two months.  She is jealous when other kids sit on her mom's lap. 
  • Rachel is a short napper (unfortunately for me).  She usually only takes a one hour nap during the day.
  • Rachel still tends to hold her breath if she gets hurt pretty bad and can't catch her breath to cry.  She has only passed out once from holding her breath (the first time it happened) and she had turned blue two other times.  I can't wait until she grows out of this one.
  • We still have a baby gait on the main stairs leading to the second floor.  Whenever Rachel notices that it is open, she will go over and close it rather than trying to sneak up the stairs.
  • According to Tyler, Rachel is "cuter than an ant"  and "prettier than a rainbow."
  • Rachel's vocabulary includes: Da, Mama, boo, book, bottle, balloon, bath, bird, shoe, tickle-tickle.
  • She is still allergic to eggs.  She had a sample of a mini 3 musketeers at Costco last month.  I was unaware there were egg whites in there.  At the end of the trip she was crying ( I thought because she was tired), but on the way home she threw up several times and 10 minutes later  had liquid diarrhea.  It wasn't until a couple weeks later I put two and two together and realized the vomiting was a result of the 3 musketeers.  Now I know to check candy bars too.

Things Rachel loves
  • Rachel loves brushing her teeth chewing her toothbrush and sucking on her toothpaste.
  • Rachel LOVES dogs and freaks out and starts to pant whenever she sees one.
  • Loves playing "piggy chase" around the kitchen where she and Tyler are pigs and we chase them.  She has even learned to snort like a pig.
  • Rachel loves putting on shoes and wearing them around the house.
  • Rachel loves veggie straws.
  • Rachel loves laying on the stairs, just like her brother.

3 comments:

kelsey said...

She is such a doll! Too cute that she loves looking at her own baby book. Still so scary about her holding her breath and passing out...AND have the allergy attack with the eggs! Hope she outgrows those both. And soon.

Jackie Abeyta said...

She is such a cutie!!! I love her bright blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes! I can't believe how BIG she is getting!

Lindsay said...

Wow, she is way more allergic to eggs than jackson is.
She is so cute, I can't believe how big our "babies" are getting!