I was sadly released from activity days a couple weeks ago. It is such a fun calling and the year I was in there really flew by. The primary president called it "the best kept secret of the church" because most people don't think or know about it.
So my new calling......
A nursery leader! Perfect timing because half of church I am in the hall with my loud and boisterous daughter awaiting the day when she can go to nursery. So now she gets to go with me to nursery. I've gone 2 weeks now.
Week 1: Easy. Ok so we had some kids cry when parents left, but they calmed down. Along with the other nursery leader I had Jeff's mom and sister with me helping since they were visiting. Ratio 4 adults to 6 kids. Easy...maybe a bit boring.
Week 2: A full house. ALL 10 kids and back down to the normal 2 adults. This time we had one child that wouldn't stop crying and 1 brand new nursery goer (she was an angel though). We were fine in the playroom, but during lesson and activity time....utter chaos. I gave up and vowed it would be better next week. So I decided to look online for some ideas and helps and I ran across this quote. Love it.
"You and a two year old are placed in a small, bare, carpeted room for two hours. You do not really know this child. The child has NO idea who you are. Can you handle it? Sure. No worries, right? How about you and 2 two year olds? 3 two year olds ? 5? 7? 9? 12? Are you screaming for MERCY! yet? Welcome to Nursery. It takes a lot of ideas to make the 2 hours of church nursery run smoothly. I can use all the help I can get."
Wish me luck! :)

4 comments:
you will do great!
Whenever I work in nursery, I find myself sweating by the end. Two adults in there is never enough. Hopefully things will calm down for you in there during lesson time.
that has been Craig's favorite calling so far....all I have to say is being a Nursery Leader take a special person because it is the hardest calling in the ward :)
I couldn't have described our Jan week 1 and 2 better!!! Last week about did me in, but it isn't usually like that :) So here's to a better tomorrow!
Post a Comment