Friday, November 26, 2010

I am thankful for

On the many "I am thankful for" lists there are always the top picks: family, Jesus Christ, home, health, friends, etc.  All of which I am very thankful for.  But my "I am thankful for" list is specific to this years happenings. Here are a couple things I am thankful for this year with their stories.

1. I am thankful for a dishwasher.  Back in September we noticed there was a leak under our dishwasher that was distorting our hardwood floor near the dishwasher.  We took out the dishwasher to find a leak in the shower power hose (cool name, huh?).  We left it out until we could get a new part, have it fixed, and have a hardwood floor repairman look and estimate the damage to our hard wood floor.  In total the dishwasher was out of service for about 3 weeks.  UGH!  Lots of dishes to was by hand.  It gets  VERY old washing every dish by hand for 3 weeks.  Lets just say we used paper when we could.

2.  I am thankful for a car.  Back in July I was in a fender bender with our Suburban. It was drivable, so I continued to drive it for a couple of months.  We planed on being out of town while it was being repaired.  However the repair took about 4 days longer than expected and so I was without a car for 4 days.  Jeff was out of town with work during those 4 days, so I didn't even have access to a car in the evenings.  I relied on wonderful friends to get me to church and to playgroup and canceled the unnecessary appointments.  We were homebodies for most of the 4 days.  A car is a hard thing to live without now a days.  It is too far to walk to most places and I don't even know where the closest bus stop is. I am sure glad to have my car Suburban back.

3. I am thankful for my husband (sorry I went to the normal top pick list).  Jeff sacrifices so much for our family, working weekends, early mornings, late nights, and holidays.  We sure do appreciate him and love him!

4. I am thankful for my kids.  OK, so this is on the normal top pick list too, but this is here for a reason. Twice this year Rachel has had scary experiences where I have been grateful for her precious life.  I won't go into detail since I posted about both experiences, but after the time she choked on her barrette and after the time she couldn't breathe and went limp in my arms I have come to realize how precious life is.  We are lucky to have these two dear little one that Heavenly Father has entrusted Jeff and I to raise.  We love them so much and are grateful to have them!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: