...I have been released as Primary Chorister
I remember thinking the moment after I accepted the position as chorister that I would be more than willing to be released as soon as the Bishop wanted. I don't know how to teach songs to 3 year olds. Three and a half years later I am sad to leave.
I came into the calling with a love of the Primary Songs. During the 3 and a half years I learned to know and love all the 100+ primary children. I served hoped that I could help the children love the primary songs too. Through the years I learned my calling wasn't just to teach songs, but to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ through music. The primary songs each have a message and if the message is learned along with the song, it can be remembered for life.
I am grateful for the opportunity I had to express my testimony of this gospel through music. I am sad to leave this calling and got emotional Sunday after singing my last song with the Primary kids. But I am super excited for my new calling....here I come Activity Days!

3 comments:
I just got this calling about 6 months ago. I still am in that "when are they going to release me" stage. It is a very challenging calling and often very stressful. Any words of wisdom that have helped you in these past few years?
My lifesavor for the calling was joining the yahoo group called "primusic". People post their ideas, questions, and thoughts daily. Joining that group helped a TON!
Thanks for the idea, I just checked it out tonight, endless.
Post a Comment