Sunday, December 27, 2009

3 month update


Rachel is three months old and is truly a blessing. She is a happy baby and loves attention. Sometimes when she is crying all it takes is going over and talking to her to get her calm and smiling. It is amazing that at that age they already know and crave human attention.






Rachel started having skin issues this month. Her face and head began getting red and irritated. I started using lotion...not much success. Is it dry skin? An allergic reaction? Something else???? One day it got so bad that it hurt looking at that poor, sweet face. I decided we need to change something NOW. So we went to Target bought a humidifier, washed EVERYONE'S clothes in Dreft baby detergent, and I stopped wearing makeup (the side of her face where I put mine up to hers is the worst). For a couple days her skin improved, but since then she's had a couple flare ups.

Here is a video of Rachel in her vibrator chair (which is the best $3 I've ever spent...and now my best garage sale purchase ever). For a time she would constantly flap her right arm around whenever we put her in her chair. We still wonder if she hits the pig on purpose or on accident.


Rachel is very content and happy little babe, so we really enjoy holding and cuddling this cute precious girl!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Reid said...

She is so cute. Ariana had the same problem when she was a baby. We started putting an over the counter hydrocortisone cream on her and within a few days it cleared up. Babies and their precious, soft skin--so adorable!