Monday, November 2, 2009

Vail Colorado

A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to meet in Vail, Colorado for our first
Reid Family Reunion.

It was nice being able to get all together. Jackie has been going to school at BYU, Brandon has been in Sweden for two years serving a mission, we live in Colorado, and the rest of the Reid clan lives in Oklahoma. Since I was 8 months pregnant when Brandon got home from his mission I was unable make the trip to Oklahoma to his Homecoming. It was nice to see him after 2 years. I still think of him as my little brother, even though now he is grown up and bigger than me.


I was a little nervous taking my 6 week old baby on a 3 hour car ride, but she did great! She slept the whole way there and the whole trip back. I'm glad I made the extra effort to go with everyone to Vail. Jeff was also able to come up for a day in between his work schedule.

The resort had fun things to do. Everyone enjoyed playing racquetball...even the little ones. Tyler liked the fact that he didn't have to chase after the balls he hit: the walls kept it contained. Even Mikayla enjoyed running around the court and listening to her screams echo.

There was also an indoor/outdoor heated pool. Several times each day Tyler would ask to go swimming. He was excited to swim since he hasn't been in a pool since his last swim lesson. We swam 4 out of the 5 days, but that was still not enough for him.

We also enjoyed staying in the hotel room playing games (speed scrabble and Rook), video games, and just hanging out.



We sure had lots of fun and loads of memories.
Thanks Mom and Dad for making the reunion possible!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Reid Reunion
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Kim said...

What a fun trip!
I can't believe how much your siblings have changed from how I "remember" them.