Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rachel's Birth

Here's Rachel's story leading up to her birth:

37 weeks: I was dilated to 3 cm. Yikes!!! Things to do....don't come yet!
38 weeks: I was dilated to 4 cm. I'm a little more prepared...I have Rachel's room painted and decorated, but if she could only wait for one more week....Jeff has a 4 day trip and I don't want her to come while he's gone!!!! Jeff told her to wait until he gets home. I guess she knew to listen to her daddy because she waited....
39 weeks: Still dilated to a 4, but we are ready!! I've finished all my work shifts, Jeff's scheduled trips are over, her room is ready, baby shower completed, house is cleaned, extra meals in the freezer...come on out!!! Unfortunately this week was not the week.
40 weeks: Rachel was in no hurry to come out and I made it to my induction/due date...
09/09/09

6:30 AM Tyler is dropped off at the Edginton's house and we go the hospital. Thank you Marcia!
7:00 AM We check in and get our room. Apparently 09/09/09 is a popular date and there are twice the number of inductions scheduled on that date than normal.
7:45 My doctor comes in and breaks my water.
8:45 No progress, so Pitocin is hung to get labor started. 10-15 minutes later contractions begin
9:20 OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! WHERE'S THE EPIDURAL!?!?!
9:30 Relief! I love modern medicine!
10:36 After an hour and a half of contractions, Rachel is born! A beautiful, healthy little girl.


Rachel's description:

Rachel has thin blonde hair. It's short on the top, but pretty long in the back...maybe an inch in spots. She has recieved several comments that she is long and "cheeky". She has an angel kiss over her right eyelid. We also noticed how long her 10 little toes are. We are still trying to decide, but think she may look like her daddy.


4 comments:

Valeri said...

Loved all of that! Way to document all those details that you're sure to forget eventually! Congrats on a beautiful baby girl.

Andrea said...

Congrats on your new addition. She looks so precious.

Pam said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! She's big too! Hope everything went well.

Mitzi said...

What a Cute family!! :)