Monday, July 20, 2009

32 weeks

I am now 32 weeks...It's been a good pregnancy. Not too much nausea or morning sickness, so I feel very blessed.

Tyler is very excited to have a little sister soon. Toward the beginning of pregnancy Tyler would put his hand on my belly and say excitedly "the baby licked me!" After a few times I realized he picked it up from us. He interpreted "the baby kicked me" as "the baby licked me". We just smiled at his cute little phrase. He has changed the wording from licked to kicked now, so I guess he figured it out.

Tyler is going to be a very helpful and concerned big brother. He will often tell me "baby is hungry" or "baby is tired" so we find something to eat or lay down, etc. Yesterday while we were watching a movie, we came to a "scary" part in the movie and Tyler put his arm around my stomach and said to baby sister, "It's OK. I'll keep you safe!" Hopefully the novelty of taking care of baby sister doesn't wear off.
Tyler was excited to get a crib for little sister. He told us several times, "We need to put up the crib". When we finally did Tyler was there with his tool set "helping" us put it together. He is such a good helper and I'm sure he will be right there helping out with little sister in a couple months!

9 comments:

McDougal Family said...

Don't kids just do the sweetest things sometimes? Makes being a mom so worth it! :) You are so cute pregnant by the way! Good luck with everything!

McDougal Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McDougal Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McDougal Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McDougal Family said...

Okay! I have no idea what happened, but somehow when I wrote a comment it put it on there 4 times! What? So I deleted 3 of them and just left the one. Sorry about that! Don't have any idea what happened there! :)

Anne said...

You are too cute! I'm glad your pregnancy is going well.

Angie said...

Tyler will be such a great big brother! I'm so excited for the day we will be able to meet this little girl and to hold her too. :)

I'm glad this pregnancy has been good for you.

Michal Thompson said...

so cute, he will be a great big brother.

Boston Family said...

You are such cute pregnant gal! Don't worry, I am sure Tyler will keep up the "brotherly kindness". I am amazed at how protective Kate is is Luke.It's sweet.