Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The roles of a mother...

So as many of you know, being a mother and wife means many things. Sometimes the responsibilities seem endless: caregiver, nurse, teacher, nanny, nurturer, gardener, plumber, chauffeur, chef, maid, etc, etc. Yesterday I added one more responsibility to the list: mechanic.

Yesterday, the car refused to start, and Jeff wouldn't be back for a couple days. Luckily the car troubles happened at home and I wasn't stranded anywhere. So I chose the phone a friend option and phoned my hubby. With his assistance we figured out the connection to battery was loose. With the right tools and a little prayer that I would not electrocute myself, I tightened the connection to the battery. And Whalla...the car started! I was pretty proud of myself. I've never held the title of mechanic before.

2 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

That is huge! My dad has taught me a lot of mechanic stuff, but doing it on my own is a different story.

McDougal Family said...

Way to go! That's awesome! We do have to do a lot as women (wives and mothers) don't we?!