Thursday, August 28, 2008

The things he says

I absolutely love when little toddlers use their cute toddler voices and sometimes incomprehensible words to try to communicate to us grown ups. I also love reading the bloopers in magazines about the silly things the kids say. Well, now I have a kid of my own who says the darnedest things. So instead of reading about stranger's children I get to write about my own child's silly statements....

  • So my wonderful husband gave me a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure for Mothers Day. It was wonderful to sit back and be pampered. When I got home Tyler came over to see me. He bent down to look at my newly painted toe nails (which haven't been painted for years). He pointed at my toes and exclaimed "Mommy's toes bleeding!"
  • Recently Tyler got a stuffed elephant (we call her "Ellie"). One morning Tyler was playing with the elephant and noticed the tusks. He pointed to the tusks and asked, "What's this?" Since Tyler doesn't know what a tusk is, I decided to tell him it was a horn, thinking it would be easier to understand. Tyler looked at me and started shouting, "Toot, toot!"
  • Tyler loves repeating what we say, and thus his vocabulary has really increased. Jeff often uses the term "dear" when he refers to me. Such as "Hey dear, can you help me?" or "Hey dear, where are you?" So one day Tyler comes down the stairs looking for me yelling, "Hey dear! Hey dear!" just like his daddy often does.
  • This one may embarase Tyler when he's grown: So Tyler is not potty trained yet, but occasionally I'll sit him on the toilet to try and go potty. He has occasionally gone while on the toilet, but as of late whenever I sit him on the toilet, he hasn't been able to go. I try persuade him to sit on the potty for a few minutes to see if he can get anything out. One day I sat him on the potty and once again, nothing came out. He looked down at the empty toilet and then up at me and proclaimed, "It's not working!"

1 comment:

Pam said...

That is so cute!!