So last night I was cooking dinner and I thought how lucky I am. I was cooking ground beef that was 93% lean! Please don't laugh... I don't like spending money, so I pinch pennies where I can, including food. A while ago Jeff got a raise, and since then I decided:
NO MORE PINCHING PENNIES ON MEAT!!
I HATE how greasy fat splatters all over my stove while I cook the fatty meats! Now, after years of buying 80% lean ground beef, I have given myself the luxury of spending more on a pound of ground beef. I feel very blessed. A wonderful family, a beautiful house, health, and a nice, lean chunk of meat!

4 comments:
Jamie... first of all, dang cute hair cut. I love it. 2 years ago I donated 12 inches... it was so long and nasty.
Second, I am so with you on the meat thing. Everyone always says that you can just drain the grease off, but I say the extra lean is much better and I buy it in bulk quantities when it goes on sale. Hooray for raises and livin large!
I do love your hair cut! It is so hard to do it, but it is so fun. Way to go on eating healthy! Are you guys still enjoying CO?
I understand about the meat! Yeah for raises... who would've thought 10 years ago we'd be happy for leaner meat and sales :)
I totally agree. I also like to submerge all the cooked meat in water and then drain everything off. Don't tell Marco though, he thinks doing that makes the meat lose its taste. But what he doesn't know won't hurt him.
Cute hair! I want to cut mine now!
Post a Comment