Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nursing the kiddo back to health


My poor baby is sick. We went to his two year old "well check" at the doctor's office yesterday, but we weren't feeling so well. Tyler started with a runny nose/cough/ fever the day before and was just feeling under the weather. In the doctor's office, Tyler was also diagnosed with his first ear infection. She said the left ear drum was really bright red and already had puss behind the eardrum. Tyler has not once pulled at his ears or indicated they hurt. Poor little guy! We gave Tyler his first dose of Amoxicillin and of coarse he loved it. (I wish all medication tasted that good!) After we got home from the doctors, nurse Jamie pulled out her otoscope from nursing school and also looked in Tyler's ears, receiving a firsthand look at what the doctor saw. Now I haven't looked in anyone's ears for years, but even I could tell the left ear looked awful! It's a good thing I have nothing scheduled for the next couple of days because Tyler is requiring and deserves lots of snuggle time.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh poor Tyler. Ear infections are the worst! That's good that he likes taking medicine...when Grace had bronchitis recently we could NOT get her to take medicine to save her life. I hope he gets better soon, I bet mommy snuggles will help lots!

Michal Thompson said...

It really all goes by so fast. They grow up before you are ready for it. Cute cake, good luck with that ear infection!

Boston Family said...

We totally feel your pain. We have all been sickly as well. Not fun! Hoping a speedy recovery!

Boston Family said...

Jamie! I was hoping to catch up with you! Email me at meggandben@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you soon! -Megg