We were expecting to spend the holidays alone, just Jeff,
Tyler and I. But as the holidays approached we found out that Jeff's brother, sister and parents were going to come visit! We always love company. Several days before Christmas we drove to pick them up. And it decided to snow (we expected the snow because it ALWAYS snows when they are here). What was supposed to be an hour and 15 minute drive home turned into a 3 hour drive. Jeff is now an expert at driving in the snow. Thankfully Tyler tolerated the trip without much of a yelp.
December 23rd: Santa visited our house....it was Christmas at the Dunbabin's. Tyler loved his presents! He was so enthralled with the new toys that he wouldn't put them down to open the rest of his presents. So the wrapped presents will go into hiding and will come out later this month for his birthday (Santa wrapping paper and all). I'm just glad I don't have to go birthday shopping.December 24th I was working at the hospital. Unfortunately, there were quite a few patients still in there the day before Christmas.
December 25th: Merry Christmas...but it didn't start too merry. Jeff's family flew back to California that morning. Jeff had to work and started a 3 day trip. So since Tyler and I had nothing to do....we drove to the airport with Jeff and took a flight to Oklahoma to visit my family. And do I have to mention that it snowed, again. Thankfully it only took 2 hours to get to the airport.

We had fun in Oklahoma. Jeff joined us there after his trip. We took Tyler bowling for the first time. And since I'm usually not a good bowler I have to brag...I got a Turkey!

4 comments:
The last few years CO gets pounded with snow. At least it makes for a white Christmas. Sounds like it was fun- but crazy! Isn't it always.
Sounds like you guys had fun. Is Christmas always that crazy for you? It's awesome that you got to see a little of both of your families before and after christmas!
Hi JAMIE!!!! This is Carrie from Fugal... I'm in Colorado too!!!! Drop me a line! Found you through Michal's blog.
tylerandcarriemiller@yahoo.com
Jamie! I was making your most awesome cocoa marshmallow cookies over the holidays wondering how you were doing and thinking about our fun freshman days... Then I stumbled onto your blog with some help from Laura Judd! Hope you guys are doing good! This is Megg - originally from TN recently migrated north to St Louis! You have such a fun looking family! How old is your little boy?
Post a Comment