This year we decided to head to Utah for Christmas. Jeff was working the 7 days around Christmas, so I planned to fly stand-by with the kids during those 7 days and meet him in Salt Lake City after his trip for our Christmas. Unfortunately, EVERY flight from Atlanta to SLC during that time was almost sold out and the non revenue standby list was horrendously long!! Being new at Delta there was no way we would get even close to the top of the standby list. As days went by, flights would continue to sell out...even Christmas Day sold out, which is the day I traveled standby on in the past. We never went to the airport because I new it would be useless. Most of the Christmas presents were ordered online, sent directly to Utah, and waiting for us there....along with Grandparents, Cousins, Aunts, and an Uncle. Finally, we broke down and bought employee discounted tickets from Atlanta to SLC. The price was still crazy expensive, but we had to save Christmas!!
When we arrived in Utah we played in a big pile of snow. It was Matthew's first time to see and play in snow. He didn't know what to think. Later we made a mini snow man.
"On Christmas Day I got a bike from Santa. I also got a back pack and an elephant dress. I love to wear my new pink cowgirl shoes and play with my shopkins." -Rachel
"On Christmas day I got lots of presents and my favorites were about football. I got a Patyon Manning Jersey, football gloves, and a football. I also got presents like lots of books and an Ihop gift card. I also got legos and a 3DS. As you can see we had a great Christmas." -Tyler


Matthew loved the snow and put his shovel to good use. He never wanted to come in.
Christmas day wore this little kid out. We found him tuckered out on the chair after the day's festivities.






















No comments:
Post a Comment