Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Summer in Atlanta

Summer was full of fun.  Besides our vacations to Disney World and California, here is what we were up to:

Swimming lessons...kids loved it and improved a ton!

Playgroup.... I organized some playgroups at the park at the beginning of the summer.  It is so weird that we have to drive so far to get to a park.  Our closest one is probably 10 minutes away.

Tennis...we found a tennis coach that is wonderful.  Tyler really enjoys playing tennis and has enjoyed playing with other kids his age.


Trampoline time...it is too hot here to enjoy playing outside in the middle of the day.  We'd usually make it out after dinner to enjoy the "cooler" part of the day.  The kids always wanted Jeff to jump on the trampoline with him after dinner. 

Cub Scout Camp....Tyler enjoyed going to cub scout camp.  It was a week long and at the end of each day, he came home worn out.  It was HOT but the fun prevailed.  I also attended the first two days as an assistant den leader for Tyler's den. It was fun to see him enjoy and try different activities. They were able to do BB guns, archery, fishing, whittling, and more.  He said his favorite activity was fishing. 




The last day of cub camp they had "water wars" with various water activities.  A fire trucks was also there and sprayed their hose at the end of the activity for the kids to enjoy.  The kids were in water heaven.  I came with Rachel and Matthew for the Closing Ceremonies and Water Wars.  


Playing at Robin Lake at Callaway Gardens.  The kids enjoyed the beach and playing in the sand.  I took Tyler and Rachel to the Aqua Island (blow up inflatable obstacle coarse) in the middle of the lake.  It was harder than it looks!  I felt like I was on Wipe Out.




Hanging out with dad....Jeff was reserve this summer and didn't get called in to work much, so the kids and I enjoyed lots of dad time.  It is fun watching Jeff play with the kids.  They LOVE playing with him.  He is a wonderful dad!

The kids weren't too happy that for the summer I implemented an "No screen" policy until certain item were completed.  But they had plenty of time to play and goof around....and be kids.







Summer Break is short here, and school has already started, but my philosophy is if it is too hot to enjoy being outside, the kids might as well be inside learning (Although my kids disagree).

No comments: