Friday, September 6, 2013

Rachel's first day of preschool

 


Rachel started preschool this week. She is used to Tyler going to school, so she was very excited to be able to go to school herself.  She goes to Miss Amy's house 3 days a week for 2.5 hours.  I think it is just perfect.  She can use the socialization with other kids her age and some time away from mom. 

It is interesting to see what they want to tell you about when you pick them up. After the first day of preschool Rachel was very excited to tell me that they have 2 sandboxes! Yes 2! (She told me 2 or 3 times.)  Yesterday we brought treats to preschool for her birthday and she told me several times that they sang Happy Birthday to her. Hopefully she continues to like preschool.

The first day we dropped Rachel off at preschool, I wasn't too sad.  I knew she could use some socialization with other kids away from mom.  Jeff had the day off, so with both kids in school we decided spur of the moment to have a lunch date.  We figured with the baby due next week this might be the only day Jeff has off that we have no kids at home.  It was nice to be able to squeeze in a lunch date without worrying about what to do with kids.  The next two days of preschool Jeff was working and I was at home catching up on things and doing some house cleaning.  I got a lot done without feeling guilty for ignoring Rachel. I think if I knew every afternoon would be quiet with no kids I might have been a little more sad, but I know next week on may be different...

No comments: