Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tyler and Rachel had a fun time while Jeff and I were cruising.  Grandma R. was able to come watch the kids for us.  We were a little worried about Rachel because often Jeff will find her crying while I am at work because "she misses mom".  But Rachel had fun with Grandma and didn't seem to mind at all that we were gone.  Apparently Grandma came prepared with a bag of fun things to do.  Here are some of the fun times with Grandma:
 
Making bead bracelets:

 
 
 

 Making Rachel a princess crown:













Making cupcakes:

 
 Picnic at the park:
 
Easter Egg hunt with jewels/treasure inside:
 
 
 
Rachel with her hair curled in ringlets for Sunday:
 


Tyler got home from school one day and Rachel and Grandma were waiting for him on the porch.  Little did he know that they had an ulterior motive: they had a bucket full of water balloons.  Rachel ran toward Tyler and chucked a water balloon at him (from reports I think she missed.)  Tyler didn't waist a minute to grab a water balloon and launch it back at her.  And that began their water balloon fight.


Rachel had quite a bit of time with Grandma while Tyler was at school and they spent a lot of time together.  When I got home I think Rachel was a little bored.  Boring old mom didn't quite compare with Grandma and her bag of fun things to do.  A couple days after Grandma R. left Rachel asked when Grandma could come watch her again.  I am glad to know the kids had a great time with Grandma.

No comments: