Sunday, June 19, 2011

Houston?!?!

So we have been talking for months about moving to Houston, and put in a request months ago with Jeff's work to move, but we have not been granted our request and we were kinda unsure on our decision, so we decided to take a trip down there and check it out.

Jeff's parents and sister were able to meet us out there and look around with us.  We spent a majority of our time looking at houses and different areas to live.  However, we did have to do a few fun things with the kids.

Playing at the park

 

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
Our favorite area of Houston we saw was the Woodlands. We were surprised how many trees there were.  It didn't seem like Texas. We took the riverboat around the shopping area.
 
 


While in the Woodlands we also let the kids play in the fountains.



We were also able to meet up with some friends that live in Houston.  They cooked us a nice, yummy dinner (by that time we were so tired of eating out each meal) and then we played on their custom, homemade airplane.  Their son (who is just the same age a Rachel) was great at sharing his airplane and other toys.


After a couple days of looking at homes and driving to different areas, we apologized to Tyler for doing so many boring things.  I was surprised when he replied, "It's ok.  I like looking at houses...it is fun!  I like finding circles!"  Whenever Tyler could find a path in a house that would loop back in a circle he would say it is a nice house. I wish finding a nice house was that easy!  I think we'll be a little more picky than Tyler. (And a special thanks to Aunt Sara for walking around the houses with Tyler and discovering circles with him! )

We felt our trip was worth our while.  We found a area we would like to move to and now we are confident in our decision to move to Houston.  Now we are just waiting for that transfer to go through....

1 comment:

Sara Danger said...

It was soooo much fun! I am glad I got to walk around in circles with Tyler :)