The kids and I snuck off early to Oklahoma while Jeff worked. I guess we didn't really "sneak" because Jeff flew us on the first leg of our trip. This was Rachel's first time to fly on her dad's airplane. Tyler had a special experience too. Prior to the flight, Jeff took Tyler to watch him do some of the preflight checks. He was able to see his dad in action pushing all those buttons and flipping switches. Jeff tried to embarrass the kids (or me) by announcing over the intercom an apology to those sitting around us because "those loud kids in the back are indeed his." Actually the kids did wonderful on the flight. This was the first time Rachel was old enough to enjoy looking out the window. They both had their faces glued to the window when possible.
Later Jeff joined us in Oklahoma. We went to the county fair and saw the animals.
They pet the horse, and they even road one too. :)
We went mainly for the kids to see the animals, but Tyler was more interested in processing corn. He called it his "work". First there was a contraption to get the corn off the husk and then a grinder to grind it into cornmeal (which is what he is doing in the picture).

We made special eggless cupcakes for Rachel's birthday and they turned out pretty good. This was the first time for her to have cake (since I've been too lazy to make special cake from scratch just for her. And what baby needs sweets anyway?) So this was a special occasion. We decorated the cupcakes to look like little sheep (if you can't tell what they are). Rachel looked a little possessive of her lamb cupcake, but soon she began digging in. What a mess!
I think Rachel thoroughly enjoyed eating her first cupcake!
I went to Oklahoma not only to see my family, but to see these girls too....
My two best friends though elementary school, through middle school, through high school, and through college. (Man they got me through a lot of school!) Unfortunately after college we went our separate ways. Since I live in Colorado, Kim in Oregon, and Kylene in Utah we don't see each other often enough. It was about time to get together again. Its always good to see old friends, especially friends as good as these two.
It was our 10 year high shchool reunion. (Am I really that old?) At the reunion we saw some other friends we hadn't kept in touch with and were able to catch up with them too. And in case your keeping track, 4 vacations this year, and at least one more to go.... 

2 comments:
How fun! We should run together again- you're a great running buddy : )
Jamie, i love your pink shirt! I remember that one from H&M.
Post a Comment