Well, it took all day.
We are not expert builders, so this was considered a big project for us.
The kids love it, so I'd say it was a success. Tyler has a place to dig and LOTS and LOTS of sand. We had the sand delivered and they overfilled the truck a little, so our sandbox is almost full to the brim with sand.
Tyler has built several volcanoes that overflow with water.
We've had fun burying "treasure" (rocks covered with aluminum foil) and Tyler buried a few pinto beans from our food storage one day.
I guess we didn't find all the pinto beans because one day we opened up the sand box cover to find the hidden pinto beans had sprouted and grown.
I was amazed that a pinto bean could grow in sand. I guess the take home message is to grow where you've been planted.

3 comments:
How fun!!! I have so many fun memories from the sandbox in our old backyard...I'm sure they will have so much fun with that sandbox!!
Oh, and I remember making volcanoes with water coming out in our old sandbox just like Tyler's doing...hehe, fun! :)
It looks like you did an awesome job building the sandbox. What a fun time for your kids. I can't believe how much they've grown.
we have a ton of projects, might take us years!
Post a Comment