Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Utah, here we come!

Here are the Highlights of our trip to Utah:

Tuesday:
We made it to Utah standby without any problems. Yeah! We upgraded to get first class because the back of the plane was full and had no seats together. First class was great because Jeff and Tyler had the two seats on one side of the isle and I spread out over the two seats on the other side of the isle. This was Rachel's first airplane ride and she did really well.

Wednesday:
We took a trip to Hill Airforce base. Unfortunatly the freeway closed down and everyone had to exit. What should have been a 20 minute drive took an hour and a half. Tyler was pretty good considering we brought no snacks or things for him to do on the "20 minute" car ride. I know Jeff could have spent all day there, but the rest of us were ready to go after about an hour.

Thursday: Double Date Day!
Date #1 For breakfast Jeff and I met up with one of my best friends from Oklahoma and her hubby at Village Inn. It was nice catching up with an old friend. We had Rachel with us, bet we still consider that a date. She is still young enough that we usually take her on all our dates anyways.

Date #2 That night Jackie got her endowments out in the Mt Timpanogos temple. We left Rachel and Tyler with Uncle Nathan, Aunt Kristina, and Aunt Jessica (Thank you!). I don't think I've ever had two dates in one day and its been awhile since I've gone with Jeff to the temple. What made it really special is Mt Timp was the temple Jeff and I were married in. It was nice to visit there and remember back to our wedding day.


Side note: Tyler and his cousin Austin had loads of fun together this trip. This is the first time they've played together really well without any problems. It was fun to see them hit it off so well.


Friday: Family Fun Day!
We had loads of fun at Trafalga. (Thanks for the idea Sharon!) We attempted miniture golf, but Tyler kept getting fustrated because the ball wouldn't go where he wanted it to. Tyler had a melt down, but luckily he got over it and really enjoyed the rest of the day.


Tyler and Austin had fun doing arcade games. They liked the motorcycle race, shooting basketballs, playing airhockey, and Tyler hit the 100 ticket jackpot in one of the games.


I think the go carts were the highlight of the day. Tyler had a permagrin and asked to do it again.



After a day at Trafalga we decided to continue the fun and went to The Bean Life Science Museum. When we walked in the door a worker was sitting there with a corn snake a people surrounding her. Tyler went over there to see the snake. He touched it, and then she asked if he wanted to put the snake around his neck. He wasn't intimidated at all. He agreed and he held the snack around his neck. Why didn't I have the camera with me?!?!?! :(
Saturday and the reason we took this trip: my sister's wedding
Jackie and Tyler got married!
What a cute couple!
More about Saturday later....


1 comment:

Sara Danger said...

Jamie, I love your red dress!