Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First Kicks

The Story:

On Sunday I was relaxing and reading my book when I felt two "little flutters" in my stomach that seemed more than normal "little flutters". I got pretty excited because I knew that I'm far enough along to feel the baby move. Probably about 5 minutes later the lil' babe wanted to make itself known again and kicked a couple more times. It's always exciting to feel kicks for the first time.

The Disclaimer:
I've always wondered when pregnant, how long you feel the baby kick before you recognize it as the baby kicking/moving. And the other way: how many times do people feel movement in their stomach and intestines and mistake if for the baby kicking? I remember with Tyler that was one of the first questions I was always asked, "Have you felt the baby kick?" Being pregnant for the first time I didn't really know what to attribute as a "kick" unless it was blatantly obvious. Someone once said, "Oh, it feels like a little flutter." But pregnant or not I have "little flutters". So I a have a hard time with the question. I think it's hard to say "I felt the baby move" early on in pregnancy and even doubt myself the first time I suspect I feel somthing. So I guess I should say, I THINK I felt the baby move for the first time Sunday.

2 comments:

LeighSabey said...

Hi Jamie, I just discovered your blog and it is very cute!!! Congrats on feeling the first kick (I know what you mean, how do you really know if it's a kick? I bet it is though!). Tyler's birthday cake is very cute too :)

Elizabeth Reid said...

I'm so glad to hear that someone has the same problem I have had! Both times I was never really sure if I had felt the baby or not. By the way, do you know what you are having?